Ways To Avoid Procrastination In Terms Of Reaching Your Goals

“Procrastination, the opposite of decision, is a common enemy which practically every man must conquer.” – Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Maybe you’re sitting at your desk or behind a computer right now, watching your long to-do list. Perhaps you’ve even managed to create your business plan but you now need the drive to implement it. You want to attain your goals but delaying to make the choice to get started is stopping you from doing…anything. In his bestselling book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill assigned a whole chapter to procrastination – the seventh step towards achieving success. As written in the book, the women and men that encountered failure have revealed that lack of decision-making is one of the main causes of failure.

Reaching decisions quickly, according to Napoleon Hill

Amongst other things, making decisions quickly – without hesitation – is one of the reasons why Henry Ford is so successful. Think and Grow Rich is popular because of its teachings about success that are accompanied by case studies. It’s why it has been read by millions of people including Riches and Beyond founders, Milan and Sylvia Milosevic.

Hill spent 20 years interviewing successful individuals. One specific case study that is outstanding, particularly if we’re focusing on procrastination, is Henry Ford. Even as an industrialist and business magnate, Ford is actually known for being the founder of the Ford Motor Company.  In the title, Hill emphasizes that one of the reasons why Ford is so successful is because he’s quick to make decisions – without hesitating. How does he achieve this? No matter what, Ford was not discouraged by others’ opinions. One example was how he insisted on manufacturing the well-known Model T. A lot of the advisors insisted that he change the car’s design but Ford was fixed on his decision and in the end, the vehicle became a success.

How to stop delaying

Get started with one task now and as soon as you complete it, you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something. The fear of failure because of people’s opinions is another reason why people procrastinate. The Think and Grow Rich book teaches people that if you conquer any fear – whether it’s business failure or rejection – then you’ll be able to make choices faster. Here are four strategies to help you stop procrastinating:

Do one activity from your list NOW

Including other things, you’re anxious because you’re just looking at your to-do list and visualising how demanding it will be to finish everything. Don’t think forward. Rather, begin with one task now and once you finish it, you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment. This will also motivate you to continue going further down your list and consequently, you’re crossing off all the tasks on your list today.

Choose a time to work on your list

If you’re working on starting your property business, and still work a 9-5 job, it might be challenging to have time to work on your property portfolio. This might be why you keep ‘putting it off’. You’re eager to start but after you get home from work, all you want to do is eat and sleep. In his book, Napoleon teaches us that you can take action and progress – no matter how big or small – but take action. Choose a time after work and finish one thing off the list. Maybe not now, but this one task can have a big influence in the long-term.

Stay away from perfectionism

Riches and Beyond founder, Sylvia Milosevic, had a hard time starting her first venture into the property market. Sylvia didn’t give up. Instead, she kept getting back up again and learned from her mistakes each time. People avoid risking everything because they are afraid of failing. We have a misconception that everything we do needs to be perfect. The fact is, we’re going to make mistakes – we’re human beings after all. Whenever we make those mistakes, let’s learn from them and use them as a second chance to start again.

Visualise freedom

The most effective way to motivate yourself is to imagine the feeling of what it would be like after everything is complete. Perhaps you can visualise the financial freedom you’ll enjoy once you’ve implemented a business plan. Consider the amount of free time you’ll have after your to-do list is complete. This will usefully inspire you to get started.

Don’t procrastinate further, act now

Are you ready to start your property business? We’re here to assist you! Our property webinars employ the principles of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill to the South African property market. Our experts, who have used these principles and experienced great outcomes, share what they know with you! Register for our FREE online property investment webinar today and tap into the world of Think and Grow Rich.

22 Comments

• Nomvuzo
    Posted 16 Mar 2021 12:12 pm 0Likes

I love what I’m reading here. Perhaps this will help me start making a decision..I’ve been visualising myself to be in the property business for over 4 years now…and there’s always that tiny voice at the back of my mind discouraging me that everything will go wrong. even so, my other sense can’t stop thinking about this business.. I think now is the time to move forward.

Thanks Sylvia

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 17 Mar 2021 10:24 am 0Likes

Hi Nomvuzo,
      If you don’t start you will always be at the same place.
      If you don’t try you will never know will it work.
      We all have been there..as beginners, being stuck with our properties but thru failure and help from others who are more successful than you we were able to reach success.
      We are here to support you.
      Let us know if you need any help.

Best Regards,
      Riches and Beyond Team

• Khethekile Radebe
        Posted 31 Mar 2021 10:50 am 0Likes

I love property business with all my heart, I left it because wasn’t seeing any progress had to stop..but now that I’ve learned something new something that no one even told me about I can see the light i think is the time to move forward really willing to start all over again! Thank you Khethekile

• Milan Milosevic
          Posted 1 Apr 2021 8:59 am 0Likes

Hi Khethekile,

We always say better late than ever. I’ve been stuck with my properties for the first 8 years, then I got myself a mentor who showed me a different way. That was 6 years ago. Today I am busy with capital flips, buying at the auctions and developments. Property is paying for my lifestyle. None of this would have been possible if i was not open to learning. I believe you have the right mindset and are open to learn. We are here to support you and assist you all the way.

Best Regards,
          Milan

• Sesi Mahlobogoane
    Posted 27 Mar 2021 8:54 am 0Likes

Thanks so much for this! I am a procrastinator of note and I have lost many opportunities because of that! This is valuable advice which I will apply.

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 1 Apr 2021 9:07 am 0Likes

Hi Sesi,

Being a procrastinator myself I know the feeling.
      Think the best advice I got from my wife was “Milan, analyse less and take action more!”
      I had a notebook full of ideas, business ideas. Eventually the book ended up being full. Wanted to buy a new one and wife said aksed me:” Don’t you think that you should do something with all these ideas…if not new book will also end up being full!” SO I started working on it.
      Sometimes we need someone to push us a little bit, to help us change our habits. Likemineded people think and act alike. Together we are stronger. We are here to help you and assist you Sesi. Let us know if you need any help.

All the best,
      Milan

• Lungani Mjoli
    Posted 1 Apr 2021 4:23 pm 0Likes

Ever since I was in tertiary, I’ve always loved property investment.
    I now work at a retail store as a merchandise. My question is what is the first step to take to create a portfolio?

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 7 Apr 2021 11:10 am 0Likes

Hi Lungani,
      Happy that you see the value in property investing and never gave up on that idea.
      The fist step is to get enough knowledge. We do have free webinars which will be great startin point for you to understand the strategies and how to go about finding deals and growing your portfolio.
      Feel free to register here:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
      Milan

• Samuel ditsebe
    Posted 8 Apr 2021 11:40 am 0Likes

How to start and registration

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 20 Apr 2021 3:45 pm 0Likes

Hi Samuel,

The best way to start is to attend one of our Free webinars where we cover several property investing strategies.
      Feel free to register here:

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
      Riches and Beyond Team

• Martha Tlale
    Posted 8 Apr 2021 2:03 pm 0Likes

I am motivated after reading this stories. Now is the time to stop thinking about the risks and disadvantages that delays me to enter into property business. I believe having both Mr and Mrs Milosovic on my side , my journey in property will be a success.

Thanks
    Millan.

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 20 Apr 2021 3:44 pm 0Likes

Hi Martha,

WE are happy to hear that you are getting a lot of value from reading this.
      Looking forward to your success.

Best of luck!

Riches and Beyond Team

Posted 10 May 2021 11:48 pm 0Likes

I have been attending different property seminars from different compamies because l like property business. Milan, for me its not
        about procastination but funds for couching. I am afraid to just jump to this business without a couch. I need a couch when starting that will boost my confudence. So sometimes lack of money can make one stagnant, like me.

• Milan Milosevic
          Posted 4 Nov 2021 10:39 am 0Likes

I’ve been there and asked myself..what do I need to do to get it. If i have to work and save for a year, so be it. If you are not financially ready now, create a plan how to get there where you want to be.
          Hope this helps.

Milan

• Nelisiwe
    Posted 4 May 2021 7:10 pm 0Likes

Hi Malan.

I have a house in Standerton that I want to convert to Commune house, and I want to build more backrooms as it has big yard, the value of the house is about a million but I owe about R160k, I am looking for the investor to assist me with renovation money, I will explain further should I get assistance.

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 4 Nov 2021 10:41 am 0Likes

Hi Nelisiwe,

We assist only our students who attend the masterclass.
      This is your entry point into our network of ove 45 000 and potential investors.

Hope this helps.

Riches and Beyond Team

• Sabin
    Posted 2 Aug 2021 5:29 am 0Likes

How much is mentorship? Where does one find properties to flip? I have 3 properties and looking to grow my portfolio or flip to make money!

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 4 Nov 2021 10:35 am 0Likes

Hi Sabin,

Feel free to register for our free webinar to find out more. You can do that here:

Or call our office for more information 010 109 3402

Riches and Beyond Team

• zoritoler imol
    Posted 9 May 2022 2:29 pm 0Likes

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

• Milan Milosevic
      Posted 17 Jun 2022 1:37 pm 0Likes

You are welcome!

• Aliza
    Posted 28 Jun 2022 7:27 pm 0Likes

We stumbⅼed оver here by a diffeгent page
    and thought I mіght check things out. I like what I sеe so now i’m fߋllⲟwing you.
    Look forward to looking into your wеb page yet again.

• Milan Milosevic